"After one too many years of city living, we came to realize that our true dreams lie in our roots. In early 2012 we moved from life in NYC to our farm in rural Tennessee. Our mission is to provide humanely and sustainably produced soap and skincare to our community, and to encourage other small businesses to embrace land stewardship and sustainable production. As we continue down the road we look forward to sharing our journey and reflecting on what we've learned thus far. We hope to inspire others to pursue their dreams." Co-Founders Eileen & James Ray
What we stand for:
- Creating chemical-free, safe and nourishing skincare
- Operating Little Seed as a model and a force for positive change in our local and global community, including supporting the BIPOC community through our hiring, our company practices, and in our charitable endeavors.
- Providing our animals with a natural and humane environment
- Using clean energy to produce our products and run our farm (as of September 2015 we are 100% solar powered!)
- Using nature to guide our animal husbandry practices
- Adopting practices that utilize the full cycle of nature and minimize waste
- Using eco-friendly and recyclable packaging
- Supporting other organic farms and producers throughout the world to source ingredients not grown or made here at Little Seed.
At Little Seed Farm we endeavor to create a business and farming model based on true sustainability. For us that means starting with a seed. We start with grass, forage, and botanical seeds that evolve into rich pastures and healing herbs. Our goats are the beneficiaries, happily grazing down the grass as they are rotationally grazed throughout the year. Our team is provided with a happy, safe, and engaging workplace, a living wage and, as of Spring 2017, the opportunity to share in a team garden on the farm.
Whether it's through composting or choosing to use only recyclable packaging, we seek to minimize waste and pollution. By allowing our herd to graze on open land in the fresh air we believe our alternative farming model can provide our customers with healthier products and the knowledge that it was produced humanely and responsibly.