What we stand for:
- Raising and serving our community healthy, nutrient-dense food
- Providing our animals with a natural and humane environment
- Using nature to guide our animal husbandry practices
- Seeking methods that limit the use of outside inputs
- Adopting practices that utilize the full cycle of nature and minimize waste
At Little Seed Farm we will endeavor to create a farming model based on true sustainability, relying on as few inputs as possible. For us that means starting with a seed. We start with grass and forage seeds that evolve into rich pastures. Our cows, goats, pigs and chickens are the beneficiaries, happily grazing down the grass as they are rotationally grazed throughout the year. By-products of our farm are incorporated into the system whenever possible. Whether it's through composting or through feeding leftover whey from cheesemaking to the pigs, we seek to minimize waste and pollution. By allowing our animals to graze on open land in the fresh air we believe our alternative farming model can provide the community with healthier food and the knowledge that it was produced humanely and responsibly.