First of all, here's a huge virtual goat kiss 🐐💋!
Many of you have reached out to ask about the state of our business and offer support and encouragement, thank you!
We've also been thinking a lot about you the last few weeks as Coronavirus has spread across the globe and making soap for our local and online communities became even more of a priority.
As a farm and a producer of soap we are an essential business and as long as we able, we will continue to make and ship the products you know and love. We will get through this together!
Three weeks ago we put in place a number of processes that go beyond CDC guidelines to ensure a safe, supportive, working space for our employees, and safe products for our customers:
- Paid leave for team members that are ill, or for anyone needing to care for their children or a sick family member.
- Thorough and specific cleaning and sanitizing procedures that include an extra process for cleaning after deliveries are made from anyone outside of our team.
- Beyond-best practices for personal hygiene, along with access to face masks, soap, sanitizing wipes and sprays, gloves, respirators and other personal protection equipment needed during these times.
- Work spaces are more than 6ft apart and always less than 10 people on the premises.
- Constant communication, posted reminders, and self-policing to ensure everyone is doing their part!
Here's how we are supporting our local community:
We are donating care kits with soap, moisturizer, deodorant, and lip balm to the elderly in our community that can not leave home through a local organization, Home Instead Senior Care.
We want to support you too:
Washing with bar soap does kill the Coronavirus - here's a handy dandy video by Vox showing exactly how it does this (and is a great refresher for kids...and adults) if you want to geek out on the science!
These are uncertain times and for the moment we are fortunate to continue our operations, produce the soap and personal care products you need, and also care for our goats, our team, our family, and You, our customers and friends.
What this looks like may change as the situation evolves, and we will continue to keep you updated. The safety and health of our team is our number one priority.
In the meantime, thank you so very much for your continued support of our small business and farm.
Eileen & James
4 Steps To My Best Winter Skin (And Self)
For so many years I just accepted that Fall and Winter were bad times for my skin and, well, me. Dry air combined wit...
Why Breast Cancer Research?
The lovely smiling person smooching a goat and making Hand-Aid above is Kathryn. She was our first-ever hire - the fi...
Everything You Need To Know About Activated Charcoal
Over the last few years you’ve likely noticed more and more natural products with Activated Charcoal as a touted ingr...